Monday, 1 October 2012

At the End of the Line

Dress// Connexion; Blouse// Vero Moda; Cozy Cardi + Boyscap// C&A; Tights// H&M; Satchel// Typo; Chelsea Boots// Deichmann

Little colours of autumn. I love seeing them peek out from beneath the green bushes and leaves, as if asking if they could come out. They inspire me to dress in the same shade of colours. Which is basically why the clothing stores are such dangerous places for me to be in. Autumn marks many things. The end of things - namely, summer - and the beginning of things - namely, everything else. Has anyone read Rilke's Herbsttag (Autumn Day)? It is, by far, one of my favourite german poems. Last autumn my class showcased a whole poetry-reading event dedicated to the beautiful autumn we were having. All the teachers were invited, the students read poems, photos of autumn were hanged around the room (which we took) and food and drinks were passed around. It was such a wondrous event. I read Christian Morgenstern's Novembertag (November Day).

Way before class started, Firu and I went on little trips to the ends of the tramlines 1 and 5 - both of which pass by my house. We reached Vellmar (line 1) and Baunatal (line 5). They are small towns on the outskirts of Kassel. Actually, they're not even IN Kassel anymore yet the trams go all the way to the ends of them. They are actually more beautiful than we thought, although, being small towns that they are, there aren't much of anything there anyway. Most these pictures were taken in the outskirts of Vellmar, by the way. My biggest autumn goal is to have more adventures. Last autumn, especially October, was highly eventful for me. I wish to reach the same goal this year. If we're lucky, Firu and I might be able to go to the Netherlands this fall. Yippie! Enjoy the season, guys! Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!