Recently, I have been checking out tumblr more and more. It is seriously a good place to look for inspiration and to archive all my beautiful findings. Really handy. Once upon a day, I stumbled upon a post from someone regarding these lovely illustrations from Valerie Chua. She also has tumblr and I started following hers for only a few days now. Even so, I have fallen deeply in love with her style.
Personal opinion: Her artworks are charming beyond belief. They are so natural and close to nature -- you will find many floras and faunas in her pieces -- which is very fresh. They are simple but significant. The traces of the watercolour strokes look very much dreamlike and I feel like diving into her paintings as soon as I see them. I'm sorry, but I had my fair share of cocky "artists" and at first I thought she was one of them. But she wasn't. She was friendly when I asked her about the MOMOKO products of hers and her friend's. Well, anyway, that's about all I can say about her for the time being. Hope you all will check her out. Have a nice Thursday! Cheerio!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!