Sunday, 29 April 2012

Preppy Denim

When was the last time you talked to your parents/family? Mine was on Thursday. It was somewhere between funny and exciting to have three-way video call on Skype with my parents and brother in Indonesia and my sister in Australia. We all have different and somewhat significant timezones and lives of our own. If you have told me I was going to have a life like this 4 years ago, I probably wouldn't've believed it, yet it's true. I have missed my sister so much and it bums me out that we can't meet in Indonesia thanks to stupid term holidays that don't match. But I do plan to go visit her in Melbourne -- which gives me another chance to travel. But I need to apply for a whole other visa for that. 

Starting Friday, the weather has shifted to hot. Like I said, there's no such thing as spring in Halle, apparently. It was freezing cold with the mean wind and all one day then suddenly the temperature got off its lazy hiney and became extremely hot the next. Okay, scratch that. It all changed in one hour! I swear it was still chilling early in the morning. However, once we were done with the class, we went out and BAM! I was sweating from all ends. Of course it didn't send a notice my way and I was still wearing my tights, which made me sweat all over. I'm glad to have a warmer weather but it saddens me that tights-season is over. Now I either have to wear pants or shave my legs. Oh, how hard it is to be a girl.

Let's talk a little bit about the outfit. You may notice the denim blouse from this post. Like last time, I tucked it into a skirt again. I must really show you how it really looks because it's actually rather long, like a coat. I don't think I told you this before but this used to belong to either my sister or my mother, because I found it in the wardrobe in Indonesia just like that. I don't know where anyone bought it from so I don't even know where people can find the label. Aside from that, can you tell that there's a new item in my wardrobe? Yes, these denim ankle boots!

You should know that I bought it off Kleiderkreisel from a lovely woman. There was a little bit of online drama -- which I haven't experienced in so long -- and she stood by me despite the fact that she doesn't know me in real life at all and we had just been sending messages back and forth for several days. She went through with the transaction and sent me the boots just as I expected her to. Other than that, she sent me this beautiful postcard with a bag of gummy bears clipped on it. The writing means: "Hey, enjoy the shoes! Thanks for the business - the..." (I can't read the last part). I think it says mischi -- her username is mischiela. Thank you so much, mischi! You were absolutely lovable. I would totally recommend you go to her and buy stuff from her. Be nice, because she totally is. Have a lovely Sunday! Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!