Friday, 30 November 2012

桜子と一緒に:International Dinner Party

Last Friday Sakurako and I went on yet another adventure of our own. The international students and their tutors planned to hold an International Dinner Party and the participants were expected to bring food to serve for the others as well. I hadn't seen Sakurako for a week and was so glad to see her again.

To contribute to the party, we decided to make Onigiri (Japanese Rice Balls) and Dashimaki Tamago (Japanese Omelette) -- well, more she than I. Sakurako taught me how to make Onigiri by myself. I feel like I've done this before but I can't remember. It was more difficult than it looks and all those girls in shoujo manga totally have my sympathy now. We used plastic films to make it easier to turn them into balls. Plus, they sure make awesome packaging. Sakurako went on to make Dashimaki Tamago while I just watched because I couldn't. This was the time I had the chance to eat somewhat fresh salmon skins after so long. Yum!

Pictures of us, the crowd and the desserts courtesy of Lisa, one of our tutors

The party was raging! There was a huge number of selection of food we could all choose from. They were for free! All we had to do was stand in line and pick the dishes we wanted to eat. Sakurako and I were highly excited about eating EVERYTHING. Haha. There were three sections to choose from: Vegetarian, Non-vegetarian and Desserts. We filled our first plates with dishes from the first two sections and, sure enough, our mouth was watering. Everything was super delicious! I met an Indonesian at the party, who managed to make a huge batch of Martabak. It was very popular! I loved it too. The dessert selection was also not to be missed. We both loved the Tarte aux Pommes. It wasn't too sweet but very tender and yummy. We walked out, feeling quite full with food to the brim. Tired and completely in food coma, we went home with smiles on our faces. What a magical night. Happy magical Friday to you all too! Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!