Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Rainbow-Coloured Nymphs

You can ask anyone you know and they would agree that rainbow is considered a magical thing. Despite the fact that it can be scientifically explained -- how to make one, why it's colourful yadda yadda, the fact that rainbows -- real big ones that you see after the rain, not the ones you create with your hose -- appear quite rare and disappear without warning. It's funny how so far away rainbows seem, no matter how close they actually are to us. You can't touch it and it looks organized. As though God wants to show us the palette of the world. Clever, really. When I was little, I believed -- and I'm sure someone told me -- that when a rainbow appears, that means fairies or nymphs were bathing. Don't point to a rainbow, they said. Because the nymphs would know that we saw them and would shy away and the rainbow would disappear. Well, at least that's what I believed back then. It's not until the last year of middle school or so that I realized it was all untrue.

Oh my God, tomorrow's the last day of my finals. I can't believe it. Do you remember the time when I kept on bitching about it? The day is almost here! Okay, it's not going to be as I've pictured it but freedom will still  be something within reach. I'm planning on going to Leipzig just for the heck of it -- probably flea market and vintage hunting -- and having a photoshoot with Netta just for the heck of it. If I'm in the mood for it, maybe go on a picnic as well -- despite the lack of picnic basket. Or go swimming! Oh, swimming. Or learn how to cook or...oh, damn there are just too many possibilities. Summer is a good season. Really wondrous. Have you got any plans this summer? Well, if you do, I hope you get to make them true too.

These photos were actually taken around 2-3 weeks ago when I signed up for hiking. So I signed up at the international office, where, apparently, there was a parking lot at the back. It was empty and no one walked in so I decided to just take my pictures there. A little bit about the outfit. This was the chiffon dress I wore in this and this post. I actually like how it looks on its own. Unlike before, though, I feel more like a river nymph now. It is, however, rather thin and see-through if I just wear it without anything else underneath. So I put on this striped tank from H&M and shorts from AKO. It looks refreshing and summery, don't you think? Oh, I just would love to wear this outfit to a picnic. Have a wondrous Tuesday, all! Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous dress hunni - come and check out my New look giveaway - its a goo dun! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for the info, I'd love to join :)

      Delete

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!