Sunday, 15 July 2012

Culinary Feature: Mrs. Mai Asian Restaurant

Direction:
From the Marketplace (Marktplatz) just walk in the direction of Frankesche Stiftungen for ±100 m

Good morning, fellow readers! Today I am going to introduce to you a restaurant that I've found a little while ago in Halle. Let me introduce to you: Mrs. Mai Asian Restaurant! Truth be told, I've only been here once but I've spotted it from the streets many times before. The other day I just decided to suck it up and go in for a meal. My stomach was already growling -- which helped. So here we go.

It's been a while since the last time I eat in a restaurant in Germany. Don't get me wrong, I'm not rich or anything. And this isn't even an expensive place to be. It's just not the cheapest. The lady who works there greeted me quite nicely once I entered. She doesn't speak very well German so you would have to try to brush off her accent to understand what she's saying. I don't know whether or not she speaks English. Anyway, I quite enjoy the setting of this place. From the outside, it looks quite humble but on the inside it looks kind of luxurious and yet very friendly. I love the traditional decorations and this painting hanging in front of the restrooms. There are also very neatly organized napkins and candles on every table so it is also suitable for a candle-lit dinner. I also love the small mug for the tea. Look how tiny it is in comparison with my hand!

Beverage: Jasmine Tea (in a pot)

Main course: Ph Ga (Vietnamese Noodle Soup with Chicken)

Dessert: Lychee with Whipped Cream

What they offer are relatively basic but in Halle I should say it is different. There are many asian restaurants in this town and yet most of them only sell the same thing: chinese food. And not even the good ones, just those you can fry in no time. According to the window, Mrs. Mai provides you with chinese, vietnamese and thai food. I didn't check the menu all the way through but at least the chinese and vietnamese parts I've seen. Oh! And if you're a student, you get a discount when you order the fried noodles -- whichever ones. This is my first Phở in months and it tasted great! So be sure to stop by if you happen to be in Halle! Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!