Thursday, 11 June 2015

Gemini Weekend

 Signora Pasta

I know I said that the next outfit post would be the time after the reception but last weekend was my Stepmom's - Sister's - Brother's birthday (in that order). So I thought posting about what we did and what I wore can't wait until all the Semarang posts are sorted out. Let's just call this an intermission. The birthday bash started out on Saturday with my Stepmom's birthday, where we went out for sushi at our favourite restaurant and watched Tomorrowland afterwards. It was the best! If you're on that transition in life where you suddenly needed to figure out what to do with your life, I feel like this is a must-watch for you. Also, it's a good motivator for everyone who sees nothing but a bleak future for the earth. At the time, I wasn't wearing this, of course, but I didn't take any pictures of the outfit. The next day came my sister's birthday. She was in the mood for pizza so we looked up for a good, affordable pizza place nearby. We came to this place called Signora Pasta, which apparently is owned by an actual Italian. The pizza was so good and I enjoyed the Pesto Lasagna very much. It was a small restaurant, which creates this homey feel with good quality. And here I thought we'll never find such a place in Jakarta anymore.

Lustre dress via TK Maxx // vintage shirt + hat // Flapper Girl lady necktie (similar) // ModCloth shoes (giveaway!) // Kmart tights + Anna Sui purse (Sis's) // photos by Akita

Okay, can I just be a bit self-absorbed for a second? This outfit is an absolute favourite. The dress is a no-brainer, you know I adore it to pieces. And guess what? This was almost on a whim. At first, I just wanted to put the shirt and the dress together - which is my absolute favourite way of wearing this frock, it seems. But then I opted with the hat, then the tights came on and the shoes were the obvious choice and the purse. The lady necktie actually came last into the ensemble. I'm glad I made these choices, though. I think the tie makes the look a little less glamorous and a little more laid back. I'm glad the dress still fits me because very few things in my closet do anymore. Believe me, I am trying so hard to lose weight. But sometimes I spot something tasty and I happen to be hungry - or always am, actually - and I lose control. Please, please, please, guys! If you're reading, prevent me from eating so much! Remind me over and over again: YOU NEED TO FIT INTO YOUR CLOTHES, GIRL!



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!