Sunday, 5 May 2013

If That's Love, It Comes at Much Too High a Cost

"Every love is carved from loss. Mine was. Yours is. But we learn to live in that love." - Jonathan Safran Foer, Everything is Illuminated


There is a saying that goes, "You don't know what you have until you lost it." It deems so true for most of anything. The obvious meaning would be that you take what you have for granted. But there is a different meaning behind that saying that I take out. It is the feeling of losing something is greater than even your wildest imagination. This is not to say that you didn't appreciate what you had when you had it. It was, simply, an underestimation of the pang after you lost what you had. The first real loss I have ever experienced was losing my mom. She was the best thing I have ever had. Someone I could trust, someone I could lean on. She was so much like a best friend and a sister to me - which is what strangers would've thought we were had they seen us on the streets. People keep telling me how much alike we were. I imagined for so long how I would react when her time came. It did not play out like that at all. Afterwards, I met Firu and that invisible wound was buried deep within my skin. The part of me that died with her slowly returned - though not fully - by being with Firu. The wound slowly healed. Every love is carved from loss. Such a shame, I wished they could've met.

H&M Trenchcoat via Kleider Kreisel // Lustre dress via TK Maxx // NKD Bolero // H&M tights // Vintage hat + scarf // Primark brogues

I find myself going speechless whenever I have to describe a certain outfit, piece by piece. First things first, this dress is clearly my new favourite. If you can't see it for yourself why, go to this post and read all about it. This hat is also my new favourite, mostly because it has such an adorable form and classy colour. Its cherry colour just makes it more suitable for a 'cherry on top' metaphor. And I am so thrilled to welcome this pretty coral-coloured trenchcoat into my wardrobe. Can you say, first trenchcoat EVER? It is less of a trenchcoat without the trench but I love the structure and, of course, the colour. It's new-to-me and has gotten so many compliments already! If I button the coat all the way up, wrap the scarf around my neck and wear the hat, I'll look like a girl dipped in fading red paint. Thanks to my friend, Zahra - who has started blogging again -, I've become seriously obsessed with pinafore dresses. I love this one from Topshop especially. Too bad, they are too expensive. And my budget is a little tight this month - May is a very spendy month for me, apparently. Thanks to the many holidays, though, I'm going to have tons of adventures this month. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!