Saturday, 8 September 2018

Anomaly in Taste

 Anomali Coffee

Last weekend I had no plans of leaving the house, let alone hang out at a café—but that all changed when my sister asked me to accompany her to a wedding. Unfortunately, due to some difficulties, we had to cancel that plan and ended up running errands at the local mall instead. After a while, we decided to head home, planning to stop by at the petrol station and grocery store. Long story short, we ended up having a quasi-dinner at Anomali Coffee. It is a local café franchise that serve mainly coffee using Indonesia-grown beans. Although I'm not a fan of coffee, we decided to come here, because it was a packaging-free option. My sister got herself chamomile tea—because coffee will keep her awake, while it has no effect whatsoever on me—and a plate of Caesar salad. I got myself a cup of Toraja coffee—apparently my favourite bean—and a small carrot cake. Everything tasted amazing! I had to be pretentious and refused to put sugar in my coffee, taking it straight on. We enjoyed it very much though, and can finally tick this place off our café bucket list.

Gifted dress (from Firu) // thrifted jacket + loafers // Oh My Bows hair bow (closed!) // photos by Akita

It has been a hot minute since the last time I wore this dress—and this jacket! They look rather formal, so I thought I'd wear them for a formal occasion next time, but alas. The dress—if you remember—was given to me by Firu in 2012. I don't know if I've said this before, but he later told me that his mother picked it out. I knew it was something that I could see her wear! The jacket was thrifted at a Mädchenflohmarkt in 2014. It is, to be honest, more on the thick and rather small side, so I've only ever worn it once. The hair bow was won in a giveaway in 2015. Okay, I don't know if you notice, but there is definitely a running colour theme in this outfit—all green! The jacket actually has a teal undertone, although not entirely visible on camera. If I'd had green shoes, you can bet I'd wear it too. Only midway to the mall did I realise that I could've worn my earrings too, to complete the look. Dammit!

P.S: See if you can guess which of these photos were taken in a different location!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!