



This post isn't sponsored by Pizza Hut in any shape or form
Lately, eating out hasn't been a thing in our family anymore—although looking at this blog and my instagram, you wouldn't be able to tell. We have been keeping an extra tight leash on our budget and make the most of homemade meals. That being said, my sister, my Stepmom and I often have chances to eat out—for me, at least, it's always at the mercy of other people's wallet. My Dad, on the other hand, hasn't really been leaving the house, except to the mosque or to run errands. Last week, with our brother off in Japan and our Stepmom out of town, my sister decided to take my Dad and me out for lunch. We opted for pizza—one dish we haven't figured out how to make at home. It was a full-course Pizza Hut meal, complete with soup, appetizer, pizza, pasta and drinks—just like it used to be when we were younger. It's kind of funny how I think of it as a luxury now. It turned into a really relaxing, sun-soaked afternoon, filled with jokes and life updates—and plastic-free too!




Sejauh Mata Memandang scarf // old top + purse // Etsy necklace // hand-me-down skirt // thrifted loafers //
photos by Akita
Tomorrow I'll be back at uni once again. After spending around 2 months of running as far away from that part of my life as I can and escaping reality, I finally have to go back. It's kind of depressing when I think about it. I'm a little traumatic about the whole process, as the last time I was buried in assignments, I almost had a nervous breakdown. But, you know what, I just have to suck it up, because I really need to get this over with. Okay, let's think happy thoughts. My birthday month is coming up—although my birthday tends to always suck, at least the buildup is always exciting. I've still got numerous interesting books to read—and I'm looking forward to each and every one. One of my credit card debts will be fully paid soon, so I'm excited about having a lot of extra cash on me, finally. Yup, I'm excited about those things. Also, this year I think I'm going to start living slowly—starting with my birthday list. More details coming up next month.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!