




"Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious, if you say it loud enough, you'll always sound precocious!" - Mary Poppins (1964)
Hey, are you guys as excited about the new Mary Poppins movie as I am? I just can't believe they're making a sequel of it, starring Emily Blunt. It'll be interesting to see how they'll bring the nanny wonder to life on the big screen once again. Not going to lie: I've had my reservations upon hearing the news—and after watching the trailer. Mary Poppins was one of my favourite movies growing up. I remember pretty much all the songs—my favourite, surprisingly, is one titled "I Love to Laugh." Julie Andrews became my all-time favourite actress. She does everything with grace, elegance and class—such a queen at heart—and it's really hard to see someone measuring up to that. Also, after watching Saving Mr. Banks, I have to wonder what P.L. Travers would make of this sequel—this one seems much more colourful and sugarcoated than the first one. Well, I guess I'm just glad that it's not a remake, at least. That would've felt very wrong. Just wish Julie Andrews would've joined the cast somehow.





ASK by Asky dress (old) // peter pan collar by Klara // thrifted loafers + hat // hand-me-down coat + purse
To be honest, the Mary Poppins vibe from this outfit wasn't fully intentional—or maybe that whole vibe is only apparent to me. I wore this outfit the week before to campus. At the time, I couldn't believe I never thought of matching this dress with this coat—blazer? I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to be. However, chancing a reflection of myself in the mirror, I suddenly felt like I could pull off a Mary Poppins cosplay of some sort. Maybe I should've saved this outfit for this year's Halloween costume. Well, no matter, after looking through the photos of the real Mary Poppins—I mean the Julie Andrews version—I see that there's barely any resemblance between her and this outfit. But it gave me the excuse to wear this collar after a long while and this simple hairstyle of tucking my locks into the hat. What do you think? Does it look in any way similar to the legendary nanny?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!