Friday, 22 May 2015

You've Got a (Real) Friend in Me

One of the perks of being a (self-proclaimed) freelancer: being able to hang out with my friends on weekdays before the rush hour. And, of course, I'm going to hang out with one of my favourite people, Cynthia. She calls us bi-weekly friends now - which is a huge step up from our annual friendship from before. As you grow older, you know that it's not in the frequency of your meeting where the strength of your relationships lay; it is in the quality of it. What does it matter to hang out over and over again with someone, if you can never truly be yourself in front of them? If you betray each other once the other turns their back? If one keeps giving and the other keeps taking? Believe me, we know what all of those feel like. We're young, but that doesn't mean we haven't learnt from our mistakes, from other's mistakes, from our heartaches. I know people who have given their whole lives for other people's happiness, only to realise one day that others care very little (if at all) for theirs. I also know people who never stop taking from others, never opening their eyes to people's problems and obstacles, drowning themselves in self-pity. I don't want to be either; I want to love myself as much as I love others. How am I supposed to spread happiness if I can't give it to myself first?

N.y.L.a. top + ... knee socks + CĂ©line purse (Sis's) // Pimkie skirt // vintage loafers // photos by Cynthia

Ahem...okay, on a lighter note, I really didn't imagine my life would turn out this way. For starters, if you had asked me 5-10 years ago if I was going to be a style blogger, I would laugh in your face ungracefully and assumed you were being passive aggressive with me. The same goes for Cynthia, who is now very much into make up - maybe you can't tell but she did my eye makeup here. We were both probably the most ungirly girls in class back in high school. And now look where we are! She has mad skills too, in case you hadn't noticed that from her previous appearances. Maybe one of these days, I would actually ask her to do my makeup, I will pick out her clothes and we could do a double outfit post. That would be incredible! More update from me: next week I will be in Semarang, attending another cousin's wedding and, hopefully, meeting up with a new blogger friend. Can't wait! Until then!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!