Monday, 18 May 2015

Ladies Saturdate

If you've been following me for the past 3 years, you should definitely have recognised the lady in the first photo. Uh huh, you got that right: it's Ervina! Can you believe that we haven't seen each other in three years? THREE YEARS, no kidding. The last time we saw each other was in September 2012, right after I came back to Germany. Since then, she's moved from Kassel to Bremen and I moved from Halle to Kassel. I spent years promising to go visit her sometime but never did - and, boy, do I regret that now! - until we both went back to Indonesia: she for her mandatory internship abroad, me for, well, reasons I already mentioned. How lucky was it that her internship is in Jakarta! Oh yeah, in case you didn't know, Ervina is actually originally from Yogyakarta. So this is such a happy coincidence for both of us. However, she already moved out here since the end of January but we haven't managed to meet up until now - which is absolutely crazy! But we did, the other day, and I was so happy to see her. We met up with Enggar too, though, so we didn't manage to catch up a whole lot but we will definitely see each other again real soon!

N.y.L.a. top // May&June skirt // Golddigga boots via Sports Direct // Ebay purse (Sis's) // Urban Outfitters Hat // Gelugu Accessories necklace via Etsy // photos by Enggar

Since I started blogging, one of the things I've always wanted to do was take outfit photos in an urban setting. I feel like I've said this over and over but I've started blogging inspired by Bonnie of Flashes of Style, who used to go to New York a lot and now actually lives there. So, obviously, she took tons of outfit pictures in an urban setting. Well, Jakarta is no New York, but it does have some beautiful urban nooks and crannies where there aren't many people around. And this is one of my favourite urban corners of Jakarta, where the sidewalk is drop-dead gorgeous. Obviously, I had to have a go at taking pictures there - or more literally, having my pictures taken there. I'm so happy it was quite sunny then too! But taking pictures near tall buildings in Jakarta means you can't escape the cat calls from the workers from a nearby construction site. Enggar said, I shouldn't've responded. But I did, in a friendly way. Nothing wrong with that, they're across the street anyway.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!