Thursday, 22 January 2015

Yellow As Thy Skin

When people think of Jakarta, parks would probably be the last thing on their minds. To be honest, me too. Jakarta has always had a bad rep for having too much pollution as well as skyscrapers, as opposed to good-natured parks and environmental friendly transportation. It's not that we don't have parks, it's just the ones we have aren't quite well-tended. But, since about 6 years ago, more parks were built and more green zones were issued. However, since I don't exactly live in Jakarta, these parks are typically so far away from home and they were always so hot and they lack trees. At least, those were the ones I was familiar with. Six years later, the parks have obviously grown and they look so much better now than in my memory. They are still quite farther than I like them to be but this one I visited was close to my high school so it was far closer than the alternative that I knew of. Plus, I love the man-made lake they installed in the middle and the amphitheatre-style seats around the edges. I'll show you how it looks in my next post - along with some sketches I did while I was there!

vintage shirt via Etsy // May&June skirt via Alleira // H&M socks // purse via Ebay // thrifted loafers + hat // Camera: Canon EOS Kiss X4 (EF-S 18-55 mm lens)

It was a story of long ago, when my family and I went shopping. My stepmom suddenly shoved a mustard-coloured shirt to me and said, "Yellow is your colour." That stayed with me ever since. If you've been following this blog long enough, you would know that I don't really own any yellow item of clothing...until now. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'd never gone looking. Trust me, I looked. I even wrote a post about wanting a yellow dress. Alas, it hasn't been satisfied yet. One day, I actually accompanied my sister shopping when this skirt caught my eye. I absolutely fell in love with its structure, how bouncy and smooth it is. Incredibly comfortable too, I might add. The length is also perfect and I love how breezy the material is. Oh, did I mention it has a pocket? Yep, that's right. I actually wore this outfit to Firu's parents' house last weekend and his sister-in-law said I looked so cute. Aww, thank you ;)

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!