WARNING: This post will be a rather long one so feel free to skip it if you don't want to know anything about the trip. Just don't say I didn't warn ya!

H&M denim dress // tights from Ebay // Studio Nine loafers // Typo satchel
Afterwards, we caught the metro headed for Mini-Europe. It was a remarkable experience, we got to have a mini Europe tour within two hours. Obviously, we learnt a lot and thank God it only started raining as we were heading out to lunch at Quick. Man, just thinking about Quick makes me miss that place somehow. Afterwards, we walked high and low trying to find the museum I wanted to visit next, only to be drenched and told that we were too late. Exhausted, we headed back to the hostel after buying instant meals to heat up for dinner. Iva and I hung out at the bar afterwards while Firu showered. Hours of heartfelt talk later, we tucked ourselves into bed.
Some of the comic murals I spotted (sadly, not the Tintin ones)

Afterwards, we made a beeline for the museum. It was magical, just as I had expected, though a little odd with the guards forbidding us to take any sort of visual representations of the place. Not even a cellphone picture was allowed. Such a shame, you guys just had to be there - or, you know, google the official photos. Man, if that house was on sale, I would live there forever. It was the perfect house! Not only his house, we also saw one of his works - which is also my favourite -, Hôtel Tassel. Sadly, we couldn't enter it because it's now the office of the European Food Information Council. Firu and Iva don't understand art nouveau so they were drained by the energy I gave out - also, I tried to explain but failed miserably. But the amount of art nouveau goodness - even those I only catch in a glimpse - is enough to make me swoon. Man, I think I could be happy in Brussels.

It says to be the urban artist's home and I don't doubt it, judging from the barrel-like computer hotspot and bottle chandelier. They accommodate us with a shared kitchen as well as 24-hour bar. It was filled with awesome interior elements and the people seem to be friendly and respectful of one another. The bar is also non-alcohol-friendly, which is saying a lot for a bar. There are also vending machines, if you ever have a hankering for snacks in the middle of the night, as well as a pool and foosball table at the bar. Highly recommended, if you ever consider staying in Brussels!

That was my Brussels trip. It was kind of hard to find time to fit everything in - especially with the limited opening hours and all - since we all wanted to see different things. Personally, I would've been happy just roaming the streets, appreciating the architectural beauty as well as the lifestyle of the citizens. It would have been awesome to just drink in the culture as well as the art nouveau treasures. Iva, on the other hand, is a sucker for palaces, castles and gothic plus baroque style buildings. Firu is just happy to be out and about. So to fit everything in, we had to rush from one place to the other. But it was still possible to just breathe and take in everything around us. Above are some random photos, which don't fit into any of the categories. Enjoy!
P.S: If you've read this far, you're my hero (always)


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!