Friday, 27 March 2015

By the Black Wall

If I were being completely honest, there's nothing of interest that I could write down in this blog right now. Life has been going quite idly by and I'm enjoying it too much. This last week my vacation finally began. I finished my latest commission, shopped a blogger's closet - since it's become my new favourite hobby -, started working out again, embarked on a new novel and ate like there's no tomorrow. See? Nothing interesting. I'm absolutely loving all the food, though. All these regional dishes and cakes and such that I cannot resist! Let me tell you, it's definitely different going to their original places and eating tons of varieties than buying them somewhere in the capital. It's just different. This food is made by taking all the regional factors into account and you can never eat it the right way unless you go where it was made and embrace all the feels of eating it there. We went to the local snacks store the other day and I was overwhelmed by the variety of food we could find. If it were up to me, I would probably buy them all! There is close to zero chance that I will not be reluctant to go back to Jakarta.

Vero Moda dress (thrifted) // thrifted denim jacket + sandals // Koola Stuffa tote bag

When I put together this look I definitely had this outfit in mind. I know it's not exactly the same, the dress is different and I wear sandals while Tieka wears flats in the photos. I actually didn't remember her wearing a heart-print dress - in my memory it was polkadot - but, well, what do you know? The feel of denim jacket over a dress gives this casual feel but still quite dressed up. It would be different, say, with it over a t-shirt and jeans. Also, the hard texture of the denim mixed with the cutesy pattern and light material of the dress is absolutely endearing. It's like a bit like that girl who keeps scolding the guy she secretly likes. This is, however, in no way a confession of my personality. Ahem. The only thing I wish would work is this collar. I wish it wouldn't get all scrunched up due to the denim jacket. But it's hardly noticeable anyway so it's only a small scratch of cloud in the wide expanse that is the sky.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!