Saturday, 2 August 2014

Lone Wanderer


“She was free in her wildness. She was a wanderess, a drop of free water. She belonged to no man and to no city”  Roman PayneThe Wanderess


As some of you might already know, I've been staying at Firu's since last week. And, though you might think, "Oh great! You now have a permanent photographer!", it is so far from the truth. He's got finals right now so he's been thinking of ways to get me out of the house so as not to distract him. Having been kicked out, I decided to roam around Düsseldorf by myself - which I'd never done before. The city was less hectic than usual and it was nice hanging out all by myself at my favourite bubble tea place. So yeah, these photos were taken by yours truly, as per usual. This just shows that no matter how unfamiliar the place is, you can always find a secluded enough place for a photoshoot. To be honest, I prefer not to rely on people to take my photos. This has happened in the past before and slowly people get absolutely burdened by my constant request to get my pictures taken. A good way to lose a friend, I'd say - actually, I did say it once. Anyway, tomorrow I will be visiting my friend Iva in Stuttgart. Oh, God! We are so going to have one hell of an adventure! Plus, I'll be out of Firu's hair for a week. Am I the best girlfriend or what? *insert barf here*

Batik Keris "kimono" // Cache Cache shirt // Sis's pants (hand-me-down) // thrifted sandals

So I hear there's this "kimono" trend going on. As much as I don't hate the style itself - in fact, I find the item rather adorable -, I really hate it when the English speaking world butcher the meaning of a word from other cultures. I'm not Japanese myself but I will bet you everything that my Japanese friends wouldn't accept this trendy new "kimono" as kimono. Kimono is far more intricate than that. That being said, I kind of want to style this "kimono" but I don't own one - nor do I want to purchase a new one - so this batik jacket(?) is the closest thing that I have. It probably doesn't qualify as "kimono" as it's got buttons lining the hem. But I did style it in a somewhat Japanese-esque way before. Different from a yukata/kimono/"kimono," the sleeves to this top is only around elbow-length and isn't a full circle. The bottom parts aren't sewn together, allowing a bit of breeze to blow in now and then. It's also not made of silk or more flowy materials so the sleeves can seem to hang midair after you raise your arms. Such a perfect summer layering!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!