Saturday, 22 June 2013

Descendant of the Season

“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” 
― F. Scott FitzgeraldThe Great Gatsby

As opposed to the gloomy and tranquil winter, summer always echoes with a certain boom and brings people to the street. Summertime has always been one of the most fleeting moments of the year. Mostly, because I always end up planning lots of things and life flies by just like that. It is also always so festive and calls for celebration. For starters, most of my loved ones have birthdays in summer - my stepmom, sister, brother, good friends, Firu, my bestfriend Gina, etc. Summer is also Firu and I's anniversary. Summer is my country's independent day. In fact, today's the anniversary of my hometown, Jakarta! Oh, God, there are just too many reasons to be happy! Being a kid with overactive imagination and energetic physique, summer suits me better than any other seasons - though I was born in and am very much in love with autumn. I can't help it, the blinding sun and the soothing wind makes it so comfortable outside. The world suddenly becomes a huge, roofless home. Since I've got all my assignments done, I have plenty of time for crafts. First off, I'm making (yes, making) yet another birthday present for my beloved. Afterwards, I do wish to start knitting some scarves for the both of us. Hopefully, they'll turn out awesome this time! Woohoo!

N.y.L.a. oversized top // vintage skirt // hand-me-down bag // DIY flower crown // unbranded sandals

One of the things that got me all psyched about summer is having plenty of opportunities to wear this flower crown. My dream to visit a sunflower field lives on and I seriously wish one day (hopefully, sometime this year) it'll come true. Hehe, don't you think it fits me just right? This has got to be my favourite outfit so far this summer. The crazy patterns on the top, the way it's so baggy and comfy AND the soothing and awesome shades of oranges and cream. The lime green colour of the skirt, its pleated characteristics and the lightness of its fabric. The best part is, the whole ensemble works amazingly with the sunflower crown. Such a summer child! Afterwards, I took off the flower crown and went to class. The outfit instantly felt incomplete. Ah, it felt like wearing a huge sack made out of clouds. All I want to do is snooze wrapped up in it. Though, now, the temperature has become quite blazing that I just want to wear nothing at all. How unfair it is that guys get to do that but girls don't. We feel the same heat, dammit!

1 comment:

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!