




Lately, there has been a lot of clear skies in the morning—and then it'll rain in the afternoon or evening—so I thought I would use this lovely time slot to shoot an outfit post, before I had to go to campus yesterday. You know, I've been blogging for over 7 years, but it was only recently that I've got a tripod to help me—eternal thanks to my best friends for gifting me this beaut! I can't tell you just how life-changing it is. Now, if I spot a gorgeous backdrop somewhere, I know I can just grab my tripod, hop on a vehicle (or take a walk) and snap some shots. This spot, for instance—which you may recognise from this post before—is just in my neighbourhood. I can always take a walk here, if I'd wanted to. Before, it would've been short of impossible for me to do without a partner, now I can be that-crazy-lady-with-the-tripod-taking-photos-of-herself—trust me, people always look. It's kind of nice to go out and do indulgent things for myself for once. Lately, I feel like I haven't had time for personal projects anymore—this blog is the only thing I've got going. But I'm excited to try planning some more personal projects this weekend. Can't wait to share them with you guys!

![]() |
Insect of the moment: Neon Skimmer dragonfly (Libellula croceipennis) |



Old hat + top // hand-me-down pants + purse + sandals
There seems to be constant pops of red in these photos, eh? The tiny (inedible?) fruits, the cute little dragonfly and—most obvious of all—my harem pants. These pants are given to me by my sister, since the burnt orange ones—that I absolutely loved—went missing several months ago. I've looked high and low for them, but have yet to find them. Can't say I wasn't heartbroken :'( I'll keep trying to find it, mind you, but in the meantime, there's this pair my sister refuses to wear. You've seen it before, but I've never talked about how this came about before, have I? The comfort level is about the same, but this one still has a rope/belt to tighten the waist, so a lot more figure-hugging. Now, about the dragonfly—if you would indulge me. It's been so long since the last time I took photos of insects, so I was determined to capture them in film somehow. There were a lot of butterflies too, at the time, but they disappeared in a flash. This dragonfly really caught my eye, though, since I've never seen one so bright red. I tried researching it a little and I think it's a Neon Skimmer—native to southwestern US, Central America and northern South America. Huh, how did they get all the way over here, I wonder.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!