



Starting last December, I became an intern to a startup company called Jojonomic in Jakarta. I'm not usually one to share personal information you could use against me—please don't!—but I really believe in what this company strives to do. In short—because this isn't the main point of this post—they are working towards promoting and supporting a work culture, in which everyone can work from everywhere and still be easily monitored by their employers. For more information, feel free to check out their website—or shoot me an email ;) Now, let's talk a little bit more about me—because isn't that what a blog is for? I've been quite enjoying the office life, which is a first for me. Everyone is pretty kind, friendly and a whole lot of fun. My favourite moment so far, to be honest, would have to be my turn in their weekly sharing session—in which I talk about plastic waste. The CEO himself commented positively and asked for my suggestions. I started seeing co-workers sporting stainless steel straws and the catering at work has changed dramatically to abandon single-use plastic. There's still a lot of room for improvement, of course, but I'm super, super thrilled to know that people still listen to me at times.




Old t-shirt + socks // hand-me-down blazer // borrowed skirt // thrifted loafers
Okay, so that's one thing off my 30 Before 30 List—a low bar, I know, but a surpassed one nonetheless. Office life was so different from what I imagined to be. I think it's great that I first experienced it at a startup—and a quite wholesome one, no less—because a gigantic corporation would probably give me culture shock from the easygoing freelance lifestyle I've been so used to. This experience, however—if nothing else—affirmed my initial decision and determination to go freelance for life, if I could be so blessed. One of the best perks of having an office for work, though, is the numerous outfits I could choose to rock everyday. And, for once, I can actually use the term "business casual" correctly—and not feeling like I'm just playing pretend the whole time. Ever since I found this blazer in my Stepmom's wardrobe—and deliberately moved it to my own—I've always wanted to wear it in a semi-casual way. Since I can't really wear it with shorts to work, I've opted for my sister's skirt instead. I've worn half of this outfit to as an event committee before and was determined to recreate it at some point. So here it is. What do you think?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!