


You know, ever since I started blogging, I've come to realise that there are so many amazing places for photos hiding in plain sight. One of my favourite everyday locations would have to be the emergency fire stairs of New York City apartments. Whenever I see any New York fashion bloggers taking photos on their emergency stairs—like my girl Jenn has done at least twice—not going to lie, I feel a tad jealous. Sure, the stairs are not practical at all—what with them being outside and not even reaching all the way down—but I can't deny there's just a certain aesthetics about it that I absolutely swoon over. It has that old, decaying industrial look that seems to encompass the working class of the city. Often paired with worn-down brick buildings, it creates the perfect revolutionary vibe. However, of course, Indonesia doesn't actually have them. We mostly live in houses and the apartments are all rather new—nothing nostalgic or historical about them. However, when I found this semi-outdoor stairs, I dragged my sister along to take photos here. Sure, it's not as gorgeous, but with a little change of perspective, everything can look beautiful. Just ask my sister—she wasn't convinced at first, but soon asked me to do the same for her.




Hand-me-down batik top + jeans + purse // thrifted loafers // old boater hat // photos by Sis
I knew we were going to go here—I already scouted the location beforehand—so I put on an outfit that I thought would look good and fit the theme of the location. I wanted something casual but put together enough to look...you know what I mean? Dainty skirts and dresses were probably a bad idea, so I thought I'd go for pants. This pair, by the way, as you might've noticed has been a favourite of mine lately. With my, ahem, ever growing thighs, at the moment I can only fit into two pairs of pants of mine—could've been three, but one of them just disappeared into thin air. Fun fact: these pants, the top and the purse are all hand-me-downs from my Grandma. I absolutely love the collar on the batik top, it looks adorably '60s! On its own, it actually resembles a shirtdress, but with far too high partings, that I don't think I can wear it on its own. I feel like hand-me-downs got such a bad rep, but—again—with a change of perspective, everything can look beautiful and downright desirable. Don't you think?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!