Thursday, 9 January 2014

Late Christmas


Cœur de Pirate - Golden Baby


Hey, guys! I'm back! I know what you're thinking: "It's January! Stop talking about Christmas already!" Don't worry, it's not what you think. I don't even celebrate it - don't know why I make this abundantly clear online. It's not that I never celebrate it, I remember having a blast two years ago. But if nobody invites me to a Christmas party, I would just do nothing. Plus, Germany is such a buzzkill when it comes to the major holidays anyway. On Christmas Day, Firu and I came out to roam around because I was getting far too sick of rotting at home - much to Firu's demise. Nothing was open! It was like a ghost town out here. Seriously, how can these Germans not just kill themselves with boredom? (No offense, but come on!) Even in Indonesia, the most major holiday (Eidul Fitri) still entails the opening of shops and days out with family, instead of getting way too cooped up at home and being total couch potatoes. Maybe Germans don't really know how to be with their families outside of their homes, unlike Asians who can hang out with their family and be cool with it. But, seriously, get with the programme, Germany!

Fashion to Any dress // DIY infinity scarf // Yumi coat (sis's) // gingham tie (as hairband) // thrifted boots via Kleider Kreisel // Photos by Firu

This was the outfit I was going to wear for Christmas - or in a post as a sendoff for you all. But for reasons beyond my control, this dress was within my possession only after Christmas (hint: it's thanks to yet another German enigma). As I've mentioned before, this dress was acquired through a giveaway from Fashion to Any x Kittenhood that I won two months ago. It was such a dilemma picking out the items I wanted but, ultimately, I picked 2 out of the desired 6 items. I realise just now that this dress is also the one Daria was lusting after. So glad I picked this number because it's such a comfortable and flattering piece. I especially love the quirky backless detail - despite my lack of knowledge in wearing a backless piece. Here, I donned a tan camisole underneath which was supposed to create the 'backless' illusion. It kind of failed but who cares? The scarf is the one I knitted for Firu several months back. Red, tartan and green: such a fitting combo for Christmas, no?

P.S: I love Firu's shots and love how he helps me even though he really doesn't want to!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!