


Currently Reading: Diana: Her True Story - Andrew Morton
As you might've known from my previous post, I've been feeling very burnt out lately. So much so that last week I had a nervous breakdown while I was out and about with my sister—second one this month. She was very kind with me, though, advising me to take a bit of time off for myself. Firu also scolded me a little bit for pushing myself too far—he's told me over and over again to get home quickly, not going overboard with work. I should've listened to them sooner. And so, I made plans to go home straight away after work for a week. I also made a point of reading whenever I can, because it relaxes me so. As a result, I have finished Wicked—although yet unable to review it due to its sequel being attached to the same volume. It's taken me far too long to finish, to be honest. Another thing that I've been missing is planning blog posts. Lately, it has felt like a huge burden and done in such a rush, I could barely enjoy it. But taking photos and writing this post by my lonesome feels really great. It reminds me of the good old days when all I had was myself as a resource for this blog. Lastly, I'd love to go off somewhere on my own again. To museums or galleries—or, who knows, a new town? It's been too long since the last time I explored a new place. It's time to really reconnect with my introversion.



Hand-me-down dress + sandals // thrifted denim jacket
Speaking of something that hasn't happened in a long while, let me introduce you to the newest item in my wardrobe: this maxi dress! My Stepmom was ready to throw it away, but I snatched it, completely smitten by its colour and pattern. I love the chiffon material very much, very breezy. I've never had a maxi dress before too, so this was a welcome change. It is actually sleeveless, so pairing it with this denim jacket was a given. I love seeing the contrast between the rather feminine dress and the edgier style of the jacket. This jacket, by the way, has been sitting in my wardrobe for the longest time since I bought it. Usually, it's my go-to jacket, but what with it being all torn up now, I was afraid of ripping it apart completely to wear it often. It's still my favourite outerwear, though, despite the fraying of the material and the yellowing of the colour. It's simply a must-wear for the warmer seasons, you know. I swear the damage done is never deliberate and it breaks my heart, knowing I'll have to say goodbye to it someday. I'm not at all good at goodbyes.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!