




Lucky Cat
I feel like most of us have those friends who will always revert us back to our youth when we see each other. To me, those friends are almost always my Germany pals—did you see where this was going?—and we met up last Monday. It was a bit of a fated meeting, since we all just happened to have free time that Monday and we spent the greater part of the day together. It was a reunion brought about by a heartbreaking news for one of us, but I'm glad we still managed to laugh a lot. Whenever we're together, for the most part, the world seems to melt away, to make way for the irreversible past—a time when we were much younger, more reckless and more carefree. If only the one member who should've been here could've joined us. We caught up on each others' lives, falling back on old jokes and finding out that some things will never change—even though so many others will never be the same again. I think we're all so different, yet so similar in our curious nature. I'm always grateful for the new pieces of information and knowledge that I pick up after hanging out with them—always something useful to know. It's bittersweet somehow, I miss them already.





Gifted batik jacket // thrifted top + skirt + loafers // outfit photos by Edwin
One of the things I love about hanging out with this lot is the enthusiasm my friend Edwin exudes about photography. It is very rare that I find a friend who is as excited about photo-taking as much as I do. We always exchange ideas and come up with different concepts while we go on. He knows how to make a photo look good and isn't closed to trying something new. It's just so much more fun to do something with someone who's excited to do it with you, don't you think? The place itself is a place I've been meaning to try for a while, due to numerous instagram posts and TV spots. It looks bigger on camera, as it felt a whole lot cozier and compact in person. The interior is very rustic, with some semi-outdoor seats in certain corners—with most locations being smoking areas, sadly. The menu is pretty overpriced, I must say, but it's nothing unusual for places like this. We ended up only ordering one beverage—for far more than I would've wanted to spend, to be honest—while sitting there for an hour or so. I guess here's to me spending the rest of the weekends at home :')

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!