
Ah, Ramadan is finally here! It is time to cut back on our consumption and cleanse our heart from hate and judgment. I'm sorry that I'm posting this at night and a day later than usual, but I have been super swamped the past few weeks that I hadn't had the chance to roam the kitchen in a while. In fact, this is a very lazy recipe idea—as opposed to an actual recipe. Since it's Ramadan, I thought it would be nice to try out something with dates—although, as you may recall, I don't really enjoy them. A couple weeks ago, my parents came back from grocery shopping with this strange liquid in a jar. When I looked at the label, it turns out to be date syrup, which I'd never known existed before. As it looks similar to maple syrup, I thought I'd use it for pancakes, so here it is. The recipe will only be a quick recipe of a regular pancake—cooked american-style—that you can practically find anywhere, really. Nevertheless, I hope you at least enjoy the idea and will try it out at home yourself.
Ingredients
(original recipe via allrecipes.com, makes 6)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. date syrup (or to taste)
- butter for the topping
- In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the wet ingredients
- Mix with a whisk until smooth
- Heat a lightly oiled/buttered frying pan over medium high heat
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake
- Let it sit on the pan until you see bubbles on the surface and flip
- Let it sit for a while until it browns
- Stack them all up
- Plop a stick of butter on top and pour with date syrup
- Dig in!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!