Saturday, 1 June 2019

One Day You'll Forget About Me

It feels strange that Ramadan is coming to an end soon enough. It has been such a strange one too—a Ramadan I never thought I'd experience—so I'm not sure quite how to feel towards the end. Last year it was really hard, because I was so high strung and ready for a nervous breakdown. This year it's just...I can't quite explain it. Lately, I've felt both disconnected and reconnected with who I am. It's like I entered a warp zone and was quickly transported to an alternate reality where nothing makes sense. The future has never looked quite so blurry as it does now. Rather than scared, I feel a little more submissive to it. I'm tired of fighting for a dream I no longer deserve to hold on to. For once, I want to give up everything to someone who knows better than I do—The Almighty, perhaps. Maybe this, too, will pass. Maybe one day I'll feel motivated and energised again. For some reason, that time seems so far away and surreal to me now.

Gifted shirt (from a friend) // thrifted skirt // hand-me-down purse + sandals // old hat

Hydrangea is my favourite flower. So when a friend of mine let me have this shirt, I was over the moon. It has a cut that I'd never look at before, but after putting it on, it turns out to look quite alright on me. On its own it gives off a '70s vibe that is not at all what I would usually opt for. At first, I was sure it's a men's shirt, but looked at the tag and turns out it's a ladies wear. I like the subtle colours—again, not what I would usually pick up—and the reverse colouring. Pairing it with this slightly bolder skirt is just a no-brainer—the contrast between them makes the outfit feel very fresh. It just gives off this early summer vibe, doesn't it? Speaking of which, I am so ready for more sunshine days and, hopefully, some time off by the pool or something. Bring on all the summery outfits, what do you say?

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!