Saturday, 6 October 2018

In Full Bloom

There is this tree just outside of my house. It's usually just leaves and looks pretty ordinary, but when it blooms it sprouts out the most gorgeous bunch of white flowers. It's pretty big, though, so I can't really get a decent picture under that tree whilst capturing the beauty of the flowers—at least not by myself. However, when the flowers fall off the tree and lay scattered underneath it, they create a magical effect and, personally, look very pretty to me. And, you know what, it  just started blooming a couple weeks ago. I think October is when it usually starts to sprout and it's so gorgeous—especially against the golden light of the afternoon. You might have seen it before on this post too, but I haven't really noticed its blooms in the past four years afterwards. I wonder if that says something about my mental stability during that time.

Vintage dress + pinafore // thrifted loafers // old hat

These photos were taken spontaneously one afternoon after I got back from campus. It was a rather sunny day with a nice breeze, the flowers were blooming and scattered all over, and I just thought it would be nice to capture that. However, since it's so spontaneous, I didn't check whether my camera still has enough battery. It turns out that it's almost completely out of it. After taking snaps for a few minutes, the camera would die. I would persist—don't try this at home, kids! It's not good for your device—and then relent for a 10-minute charge. And that would only last a few minutes, before I do the whole thing again. What could've been a 30-minute-or-less photoshoot ended up taking around an hour to wrap up. Note to self: always make sure that your camera is fully-charged—or, at least, not dying.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!