Monday, 1 August 2016

July in Overview

Excited about...
Freedom, finally! June has been hell. July has been nerve-wracking. August shall be good. Next month is wide open. Nothing is set in stone yet, so that's good. My grandma asked me to come by and visit her. And now that I have a license, I might actually be able to take her places, no problem. Aside from that, one of my friends will be getting married and I'll be helping out a little. I'm so excited about that. Mostly, though, I'm just going to chill and enjoy my freedom.

Currently reading...
A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. One of the most emotionally raw pieces I've ever read. This was recommended by Oprah back in 2004 or so. I tried reading it three times but never really got through the first few pages. The language is rather strong, so I wouldn't recommend it to the faint-hearted. However, if you can look past that, I think this would be one of the best books you'd ever read. It is highly educational too, teaching me all about addiction and what an addict might actually think and feel about his/her condition. In a culture where talking about such things is taboo, I think this book really brings up what must be addressed.

Currently listening...
The Broken Podcast. I've been absolutely obsessed with Pewdiepie lately, but sometimes I feel his videos are edited in such a weird way for me and could physically hurt my eyes and ears (sorry, Pewds!). That's where the podcast comes in. It's a collaborative project between him and CinnamonToastKen. It's way more chilled and feels more real and intimate than their regular videos. I love seeing their friendship and could literally listen to them talk about gaming, youtube and life in general for hours. It's been on hiatus since April, though, so now I'm just waiting for an update. Please come back soon!

Thinking about...
Creating special something for various people. July has been one hectic month, despite the lack of classes. August will present more chances for me to do things that I really want to do—and to do them for other people. There are some illustrations I've put on hold to be a gift to some of my friends, some that I've thought about doing just now and some that I want to do to connect with other people. If you want me to make you something special too, please don't hesitate to ask.

The gang reunited again! // Firu turned 23 this year ♥︎ // Eid mubarak to those who celebrate // simple breakfast by yours truly // lemon tea is how you judge a café // 6th anniversary with my only one ♥︎ // hanging out with Tasha again // catching up with Ervina after a year // Comic Frontier 7!
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!