Friday, 4 December 2015

Preppy Overload

If you follow me on Instagram, you might know that my campus is holding an art, fashion and film event as we speak. Early last month I volunteered as one of the committee members and landed on the PR department. You can check out all the updates of the event here - I will be personally running the account. The event started out on Wednesday, filled with workshops, movie screening, competitions and fashion shows. I've been going to all the workshops from the design department, featuring incredible names, such as Jongkie, Caravan Studio and Sandy Lee. Jongkie, by the by, was incredibly awe inspiring. I've finally got a chance to hold a brush and play with watercolours after so long of absence. Jongkie was incredibly down-to-earth, funny and helpful. His talent is so incredible and I've learnt something new by watching him wield a brush. Today Wacom and Adobe will be holding their joint-workshop - the last one for the event! - so come by if you're free. I will talk more about the overall event in the next post, so stay tuned.

S. Oliver jacket (old) // Triset top (old) // C&A skirt (old) // vintage loafers

These photos were actually taken during the calm before the storm a.k.a. one day before the event. I was still able to put on a cute outfit, without the need to be practical. This outfit, if you can't already tell, started out with the skirt. It then built up the whole brown shades and turned into a semi-preppy look, which has always been my forte. The cardigan/jacket was actually a favourite of mine from middle school. It was then that I was attracted to the sweater vest trend of Japanese high/middle school. What I love about this cardigan is the pattern on the front of it, which I don't know how to call. It has always seemed very preppy and scholarly to me. The striped detail on the cuffs and back also leave a quirky and cute look. At first, I wanted to wear a shirt with this outfit but I thought I'd put a spin by wearing a different sort of top. What do you think?


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!