Monday, 2 November 2015

Writing for the Morning Gazettes

Although we don't really celebrate Halloween here in Indonesia, it's one of my favourite nights of the year. Since I've started this blog, I've been trying to come up with a costume every year. It's not always easy, especially when I'm actively going to class - amongst other things. This year is one of those not-easy time, so forgive me if it doesn't look much like a costume, as it was literally a last-minute one. As always, I want to wear costumes which I can put together with items I already own in my wardrobe. But inspiration was running thin. Then I looked at my closet and back at the laptop, flipping through blogs to get the epiphany juice flowing. Then it hit me: 1960s journalist! It's a shot in the dark, to be honest, and I'm missing a lot of key items to deliver the idea to people. But I decided to wing it - and now it looks more like a 1960s journalism student, perhaps. No matter what I intended it to be, this must come across as something to everyone who sees it, right? What do you think my costume was? Does it even look like a costume at all?

vintage shirt via lucedalevintage // atmosphere jacket // vintage skirt + loafers + purse // photos + make up by Cynthia

What I told Cynthia was the original inspiration, of course - the 1960s journalist thing - and I asked her to do my make up for the day, as her make up is always top notch and I'm very curious to let her use my face as a canvas. She was delighted to do it too, thankfully! I love that she didn't decide to create a very prominent look, going with the subtle route instead. As she's known me for quite a while, she knows exactly what suits me and what I would prefer, so it's really comfortable to let her work her magic on me - although we had to stand in the restroom for it. Next time I'll come to her house and we'll go crazy on the cosmetics. One day, for sure. If you want to take a closer look at the make up, you can check out my instagram where I posted a close up on the look. So what did you guys dress up as for Halloween? I'd like to see it!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!