Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Little Black Dress

It has been a while since I finished one book in one day. The other day, I managed to devour I Love I Hate I Miss My Sister by Amélie Sarn. I didn't realise how much of a quick read it would be but it went by in a flash. At first, I bought it only because it seems to talk about two sisters and their mixed feelings towards each other. And, if you have a sister and are ridiculously close to her, you will understand how you can love and hate your sister at the same time. But, it turns out, the book deals with religious and cultural matters as well - specifically that of the Islamic and French nature, which has become quite a friction in the past couple decades. It wasn't planned that I should read this book not too long after the terrorist attacks in Paris, but it seems fitting. I wish more people would read this book and really consider the terms 'freedom of speech' as well as 'religious belief' afterwards. What good is 'freedom' if we force others to see it the way we do and give no room for them to create their own meaning of the word? How are we supposed to believe in religions when all they do is oppress and judge us every step of the way?

Marks & Spencer dress (old) // Sis's tights // MKS ankle boots // "Black Pearl" bow from Oh My Bows (giveaway!)

On a brighter note, this is the dress I wore when my friend Koletta asked me to help her on her ad midterm project. I wasn't the main cast, mind you, just an extra at the back. In fact, you probably won't be able to tell which one I am once you see the ad. But, hey, I always come prepared. She asked for a cocktail dress look, so I opt for this reliable piece. As Coco Chanel puts it, every girl needs a little black dress, a saying which has more of an impact in the 1920s than I realised. It has been in my closet for 6 years and I'm still loving it. The bow is something I won from Oh My Bows's giveaway on Instagram a while back. It has incredible quality and intriguing design, very elegant this one. There will still be more to come so please look forward to those as well. Since we were only shot from the waist up - and not the face - I wore a not-so-formal pair of shoes with this look. What do you think?


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!