Friday, 9 October 2015

Tale as Old as Time

The other day my sister asked me to accompany her to a wedding which is held at Gedung Sampoerna. As much as I'm disgusted by the fact that a cigarette company owns this building, I must say that it has such a gorgeous-looking interior. I'd never been here before so it was a new discovery for me. To be honest, I have no idea if the building itself is put to use for normal office work or if it's just available for rent, but at least for the night it was rented to my sister's friend - and his bride - for their wedding. It was also my first time attending a non-Javanese wedding - they were of the Minang tribe, I believe - and it was definitely a sight to behold. I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures of the wedding, as it was really crowded and it took all my energy to keep standing. An aspect that I hate about Indonesian weddings: it's no fun for the bride and groom nor is it for the guests.

My gorgeous photographer of the night

tailor made batik dress // Marks & Spencer coat (old) // Céline purse (Sis's) // hair bow via Etsy // photos by Akita

To be quite honest, this outfit was a spur-of-the-moment kind of outfit, because my sister asked me quite abruptly to go with her. At the moment, as you might know, I can't really fit into all my dresses so I'm pretty much stuck with the same old, same old. I don't know if it was the recent Batik Day or the coming of the (non-existent) autumn, I wanted to recreate this look. It was one of my favourite outfits ever - although I believe the photos didn't do it justice. These photos don't do it justice either but I find it give the outfit a vintage-y look. Fun fact: I didn't really mean to edit it to make it look vintage, but the lighting kind of directs me toward that. This time I decided to pair the look with formal shoes and some thigh high socks. The hair bow was the only thing I can do to my hair at the moment so voilà! Also, this time around I wore it to the right occasion. So, go figure!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!