Saturday, 31 October 2015

Mix It Up a Notch: Striped Nautical Dress

This is probably one of my most basic of dresses. It was purchased from H&M in Venlo, Holland in Autumn 2012. As per usual, when I buy clothes, I neglect the size tag altogether. So, as you might've guessed, I purchased a size too big and it often slides off my shoulder when I wear it. Hence, why it was never worn on its own. That and the fact the cut is a little less to my liking for a dress. However, the stripes and colour palette is perfect for a basic top - as I have very few of those in my wardrobe. Aside from the subtle nautical theme, my favourite feature of this dress is the 3/4 length sleeves, which is perfect for any weather. The jersey material is also adaptable to any kind of temperature, which means it's versatile for any season. The broad neckline is also quite casual and makes it easy to remix. When I returned to Indonesia, I took it to the tailor to have it taken in, so I'm seeing a lot more wear out of this piece in the foreseeable future.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!