Sunday, 25 October 2015

Messy Ponytails + Knotted Plaids

Lately, weekends have become a blur to me; a mere myth someone once told a long time ago. I really don't want to complain - and I'm not - but weekends these days are spent catching up with assignments. At least, though, I don't have to wake up early, go to class and deal with the drama of everyday life - which isn't even my drama.  But I feel like I've been more productive than ever and it makes me feel incredibly blessed. Also, lately I've been thinking up and planning new projects by myself and with other people. I cannot wait to turn all these ideas into a reality. That being said, sometimes it's absolutely okay and necessary to take some time off, which is what I did last Saturday - not yesterday. My sister and I decided to go watch Crimson Peak. It was another of Guillermo del Toro's masterpieces, although many people seem to be disappointed because they thought it was a horror movie. No, it's not, people! It's - as my friend put it - more like a gothic love story, which is very unique and heartbreaking. Jessica Chastain has caught my eye through her acting in this one.

Hand-me-down shirt + pants // Armedangels tee via WWF Jugend // Picard backpack (old) // Mollinic loafers // photos by Akita

This might just be the most casual look from me yet. It was put together in a whim before I went to the movies with my sister. At first, I wasn't going to photograph it at all but then I thought why not, it's not like free time wasn't a privilege. Plus, I felt like putting a casual outfit that still becomes a treat to the eyes. Many bloggers I follow can put together casual, comfortable outfits beautifully, turning it into something else altogether. So I thought I'd give it a go. Plaid is the most casual of all patterns, I believe, and paired with a plain white tee - although mine isn't as plain as it probably should be - is just perfect combination. The tee is actually a freebie you'd get when you join WWF Jugend, which is manufactured by the fair trade brand Armedangels. Slip-on shoes, backpack and messy hairstyle just put the cherry on top. So what does your casual silhouette look like?


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!