Monday, 5 October 2015

Batik Day Agenda

A few days ago was National Batik Day (which is apparently recognised by UNESCO) and the whole country celebrated by wearing at least a bit of batik all day. It just so happens that on this day, my dear friend Cynthia asked me to go a bazaar at Kemang Village. It feels like it's been forever since the last time we hung out. We both agreed to wear batik and, man, it reminds me of how much our traditional motifs - as well as the method, of course. The bazaar housed not only food trucks/stalls, but also make up products and clothing items. It was almost impossible for us to turn away from the plethora of cosmetics and fabric. We succeeded by stuffing our faces with all the food we could find. Thankfully, they had a great selection of food and drinks. Needless to say, we went home quite stuffed that day.

H&M top (thrifted) // hand-me-down pants + purse // DF Fashion shoes // gifted batik jacket // outfit photos by Cynthia

As you may know, there has been a bit of batik conundrum going on in today's fashion industry. It's easy for people to forget that batik is a dye(-resist-)ing method, instead of a set of patterns. So I thought for this Batik Day, I would wear something as authentic as possible. You might notice this jacket/blazer from 3 years ago. Yes, I haven't worn it since and it was still sitting at the corner of my closet when I found it. This just proves that you mightn't need new clothes, even when you think you do. Since the jacket is already quite...loud on its own, I thought I'd pair it with a simple white top and some jeans. Originally, this outfit came with a hat, but with the intensity of the wind, it was quite impossible to keep one on. So what do you think?


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!