Monday, 7 September 2015

Midnight Feast

Yesterday one of my dearest and oldest friends, Gina, departed to Japan to pursue her Masters degree. I can't say that I'm not sad to know that she's not going to live a stone-throw away from me anymore. I also can't say that I'm not jealous that she's got this amazing opportunity to chase her dreams in our dream country. But what I can say is I am proud of her and she definitely deserves this. Last week our gang assembled at her house to have a bit of a farewell/till-we-meet-again party with cheese fondue and our must-have party food, takoyaki. At first, the plan was that we would sing karaoke and have lunch together as well but, in the end, we only managed to meet in the evening. It was already ten o'clock when we started preparing the dishes and it wasn't until midnight that we got to devour them. The night passed in the blink of an eye, it seems, as we shared secrets, woes and - obviously - laughter.

House of Smith top (gifted) // thrifted denim jacket // C&A hat (old) // hand-me-down jeans // pins by snowlattes (from PopCon)

This outfit is something I was planning to wear for a full day of outing with my best friends. But, since the plan fell out, I didn't end up actually wearing it during the get-together. I did wear it to the grocery store to buy all the ingredients we needed to cook and again when I went back home. To be honest, the weather in Tangerang right now isn't quite suitable for a jacket and snug hat. But I thought the whole ensemble looked cool anyhow, so yeah. Sorry for the crease on the top, this was taken the next morning before Gina woke up, with me tiptoeing around her balcony and taking photos by myself. God, I hope none of the neighbours saw me. Also, I did wear shoes actually but it was left at the gate so I decided to go barefoot - which looks just as fitting. Gina, if you're reading this, I wish you the best of luck and wait for me!

This is Gina showing off her virtuoso skills while I casually butted in


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!