Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Last Sunday I made my way to Firu's parents' house to have a bit of a girls' day-turn-evening out. His sister, Galuh, was still in town and his other sister, Mbak Ria, also came to town. Yaay! Galuh - and their youngest brother, Yosi - just came back from Japan the other night and brought some souvenirs. They went to Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo - in that order. I ask but only for an お守り(Japanese talisman) from any temple she visited. Let's not even go through how obviously jealous I am of their trip. For my part, I brought souvenir - mostly food - from our trip to Surabaya last month. Some of them will make their way to Germany with Galuh to be given - or sent - to Firu. Hope he enjoys them all! That day the female members of Firu's family, including his cousin but excluding his sister-in-law - because she was ill - and niece - because she's a baby, took me out for a really late lunch and some shopping. Shopping as in both sartorial - for Mba Ria's business in Palangkaraya, Kalimantan - and grocery - for Galuh's instant seasonings stock in Germany. So, really, I was just tagging along.

Cotton Club top (old) // hand-me-down skirt + hairband // thrifted loafers // necklace from a convention

I finally got to meet Firu's nephew, which is Mba Ria's son. He is super adorable - more adorable now than a year ago, when Firu visited him - and really active. He's very friendly with people - even in danger of getting easily kidnapped - and incredibly close to Galuh. Also, I got to see Firu's niece again, who I've met twice before. But every time I go home and come back, she doesn't recognise me and the familiarity resets all over again. She is also absolutely adorable, which is almost strange because I usually don't like little girls. I think they're about several months apart in age and they're not very close, maybe due to geographical distance between them on a daily basis. Ah, how I love kids! It's been a while since I had the honour to play with other people's kids. I laugh their no-pretence gestures as well as mimics. Until, of course, I get to have kids of my own, and I will play with them non-stop.

P.S: Sorry for the lack of interesting background! I practically rolled out of bed...



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!