Tuesday, 26 May 2015

The Golden Years

They say that your 20s will be the best years of your life. Granted, you actually use it to your full advantage. These are the years you should lay all your cards, open all the doors, explore all your options and discover all the possibilities. It was one of the first things I learnt, upon scouring the internet to cheer myself up at the end of my teens. It freaked me out, changing the 1 in front of my age digit into a 2. I swear, this isn't how I felt when I turned 10. I guess it's different. When I turned 20, I felt like I haven't done enough to be called a 20-year-old. I even asked my friend who's older than me if he went through this phase too - the answer was no. However, through the years, I can finally say I have earned my years on this earth. I have worked and earned money, I have traveled high and low, I have taken responsibility for my doings, and - most importantly - I have made a difficult, life-changing decision for myself. But this is only the third year of my 20s, I still have a good seven more to go. Here's to the best years of our lives! This isn't my birthday, just FYI.

Primark shirt (thrifted) // vintage jumper + (gifted) purse // Studio Nine moccasins // C&A kitty hat // photos by Akita

If you kept wondering where I got this skirt/jumper from throughout that whole first paragraph, well, wonder no more! This is a skirt I found in the corner of one of our old wardrobes. I think it used to belong to my Mom - although she could have inherited it from my Grandma. When I put it on, I didn't really know what decade this jumper came from. But now that I've seen it in frames, it gives me a World War II/mid '40s vibe. Maybe it's just me. Although grey isn't normally one of my favourite colours, this one has a bit of a greenish hue that I like. Plus, obviously, the unique form. To be honest, the jumper used to have a wrap-and-button type of skirt. But I got it taken out since it would otherwise be too small and added a zipper, since otherwise it wouldn't cover anything. I'm just having trouble finding the perfect shirt to wear it with. Man, wish I have more vintage shirts.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!