At first, I wanted to cook this recipe that my Mom came up with when I was in elementary school and the teacher made us create an original recipe. I even already thought of a whole anecdote to go with it. But I changed my mind because that recipe wasn't much of a recipe to begin with and it involves frying. Instead, I decided to bake a banana bread for this month's recipe. Technically, it's something my Stepmom came up with to use up all the spare chia seeds we have lying around. It's become quite a boom, hasn't it? My sister was so into it a couple months earlier and she still got some seeds unused. So we decided to utilise it. And, guess what? It turns out to be quite a taste for this recipe. Also, if you're looking for something to make with a child, this might just be the perfect recipe since it doesn't involve cutting and it's mostly all about mixing everything well.
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar (or 3/4 cup, if you're not into sweets)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- butter, to line the baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Put the bananas in a large bowl (mash them, if they're not already), add in the butter and mix
- Add in the sugar, cinnamon and egg into the mixture and mix well
- Add in the baking soda and the salt, mix well
- Add in the flour last and mix them all together
- Sprinkle the chia seeds in and stir to get them well mixed up
- Make sure you line the baking pan before pouring the mixture in
- Stick it in the oven for around 1 hour
- Take it out and enjoy!
Tips: Make sure you take out the ingredients out of the fridge a few minutes before the process to let them sit in room temperature; this way, they will mix more easily. Add the sugar little by little and tasting them first, in case 1 cup is too sweet for you. You can replace the cinnamon with vanilla, if that's more to your liking. The chia seeds not only adds texture, it is also good for your body because it contains good fat and zero cholesterol! Lass euch schmecken!