Monday, 4 May 2015

April in Overview

Excited about...
Shaping up! This past few weeks I've been trying to work out a lot more. I joined this aerobic class in the neighbourhood with my Stepmom. It's an hour of moving once a week and I am always drenched in sweat down to my undergarments. Also, I've been going back to swimming again when the pool is clean and the weather is nice. It's my ultimate favourite sport! You do a lot of work, stretch out a lot of muscles, yet you don't sweat. Plus, I can do a lot of water acrobats. Other than that, the occasional pilates sessions at home or just good ol' walking around are a must in my routine.

Currently reading...
Negeri 5 Menara by A. Fuadi. An Indonesian novel, finally! It's one of those inspiring story, where a kid from nothing who grows up into something quite remarkable. Except it's not the story of how he became remarkable, more like a memoir of when he attended an Islamic boarding school in Java that changed his life. The unique educational program and strict boarding system create a memorable experience. It's definitely a refreshing change of pace from usually dark or cunning literature. However, it's not one of the best books I've ever read.
Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman. If you didn't know, I'll tell you now: Neil Gaiman is one of my absolute favourite authors. He has this way of bringing magic into life and using words intricately. He's so good with short stories, his are always the best ones I've ever read. This book proves that as well.

Currently watching...
Veronica Mars. I know, it's quite an old series. I actually didn't know about it until recently and thought that it was a new series. When I happened to catch it on TV (re-runs, obviously), I found out that it was quite old after all. It has a similar feel to One Tree Hill, only less dramatic and less romantic. It's just as old, though, I think. I love thinking through each and every one of the mysteries within the series. Logan is my favourite although he's kind of a jerk sometimes.

Listening to...
Long Days by I will, I swear. Like most songs I listen to these days, I found this one on Youtube. At first I wasn't quite sure which one the title was and which one the musician was. This is quite a slowly heartbreaking song, telling a love story that ended because, while it's very happy and seems quite perfect, it's actually pretty indulgent. Well, at least that's how I perceive it. The music video is also very dreamlike and surreal.

Thinking about...
Saving up for something big. Don't ask me what it is because I'm not sure of it yet. Right now there are tens of thousands of things I want to do or buy and they all require a huge amount of money. An amount that I have yet to acquire. That's why I'm trying to save up as well as earn a lot more so when the day comes I can simply whip up some cash to obtain whatever it is I have in mind. All of these things are exciting, some of them actually involve air travel. But whether or not I'll use the money, it doesn't hurt to have some extra bucks in the bank.

Reunion with the Germany rejects (if I could call it that) // got this cute dress from Rebecca (but it doesn't fit) // yay! Finally hung out with one of my favourite people in the world! // WIP of a new mini series // a row of houses from my neighbourhood // TH!NGS magazine: a unique local magazine I just found // scenes from Sasya's birthday last Sunday // brand new letter from Saku-chan! // selling my books here


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!