Thursday, 16 April 2015

Throwback Thursday

Let's go back in time, shall we? Don't we all do that on Thursday on instagram anyway? This isn't me trying to get in on the trend, by the way. This was unplanned, if anything else. Okay, so let me explain. These pictures were taken almost 2 years ago in Kassel, I think, the next day after Galuh just arrived in Germany. We came back to my place where she would be staying for a month and unloaded her stuff. The next day, we went straight to exploring. Funny, I thought Galuh would be excited to check out every nook and cranny of this new country she would be staying in for the next few years. And yet, she didn't seem thrilled at all - she just wanted to stay home and do nothing. Well, I guess like brother, like sister, am I right? But it was such a lovely day outside and like hell if I was going to stay cooped up inside all day. So, obviously, I dragged them both out. And that's how we got to these pictures. Aside from the fact that I actually didn't have time to take new outfit photos and happen to have these lying around, I also miss Kassel and, most importantly, these two so much. Ironically, since my absence, they both have been to other countries and places I've never even been to. Huh, how 'bout that?

Cache Cache t-shirt // C&A pants // Typo satchel bag // photos by Firu and Galuh

One of the reasons I didn't post these pictures was that I thought the outfit isn't good enough for the blog. I mean, it's a simple t-shirt and jeans kind of outfit. I thought I would spice it up with wearing bright contrasting colours and lacey detail on the shirt but, afterwards, I still thought it wasn't good enough. Anyway, after 2 years, upon looking back, I realise that it might not be as bad as I thought. Sure, it's still pretty straight forward and run-of-the-mill. But with my own personal touches that not many could recreate. If you were wondering where my hair went, it was pulled back in a ponytail. And if you're wondering why, it was because I had a phase that summer where the majority of the time I thought my hair looked horrid. But, out of fear of having it even more horribly altered, I persevered. It eventually grew longer in a way that I liked but it took a while. Otherwise, I really like how my hair bounces when it's up in a ponytail.

P.S: Galuh took that last photo of Firu and me and I love it so much!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!