Thursday, 30 April 2015

Mix It Up a Notch: Retro Moth Shirt

There was a phase in my life when I used to browse through Etsy in search for a goldmine of vintage goodness. One day, in my search for a local German seller or affordable American ones - because they usually know what's good -, I found this small store called The Capricious Traveler. It was having a clearance sale because it was closing down and one of the items was this adorable, one-of-a-kind butterfly print shirt. When I first stumbled upon it, I thought it was batik because from afar it looks quite similar to our traditional motif. But, upon closer inspection, it turns out to be more retro than ethnical. Ever since it arrived at my door, it has become my go-to shirt for a subtle vintage look. The first thing which attracted me was the peter pan collar, of course. But then the colour, the pattern, the buttons; they all spoke to me. Though the listing says butterfly print, I can't help but to see moths whenever I look at it. Plus, I think moth is perfect because it's often misunderstood and referred to as ugly compared to butterflies. (Click on the photos to see the posts!)

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!