Monday, 20 April 2015

Between the Lines

There's not much to say in this post, I'm afraid. Aside from getting my nerd on and trying to read every book on the planet - or my house, for starters - and working on mini series at the moment, there's not much more interesting happening in my life. I went to the doctor to renew my prescription last week and, instead of losing the 2kg my doctor asked me to, I gained five more. Super! My diet has since changed a little, in which I scratch boba tea from my weekly treats and rice cakes from my daily treats. Uh huh, now you know how I eat. Other than that, I've only been struggling so hard to meet my deadline which is in 2-3 days. When I'm in such a mode, you should know, that I'm probably wearing nothing but jammies or night gowns - none of which looks half as luxurious as they sound. Speaking of which, I rummaged through my old wardrobe a little and found three adorable new items - two of which are sleep wear - and I can't wait to show them to you on the blog real soon, as soon as I lose some weight to actually fit into all of them. My boring week aside, how has yours been? Do tell!

H&M dress (worn as top) // unbranded black dress // thrifted hat // Primark socks (gifted) // Converse sneakers

This was what I wore when I went out with my parents to watch Guru Bangsa Tjokroaminoto, which just came out and I absolutely loved it! I love learning history, especially our own. Dad and Stepmom went into an immediate discussion afterwards about everyone involved and the irony of the turnout in reality afterwards, which is no secret to an Indonesian. The film was longer than I thought but it gripped me so much that it sailed by without notice. This attire is much too thin to be worn in a cinema, though. It's probably more suited for a day in the park with some friends. But we Jakartans don't have many parks to begin with - and if there are parks, their number pales in comparison to all the sky scrapers and malls. God, the damn malls. Also, it's probably non-advisable for me to wear horizontal stripes as they tend to make people look fatter or flabbier and I've already gained 17kg in less than a year. But, you have to admit, they look good in this ensemble. Plus, the majority of black in the look kind of balances everything out.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!