Sunday, 15 March 2015

Blue Is the Colour of the Universe

On Friday the 13th, I went to Pop Up Market Indonesia held at Lotte Kuningan, Jakarta. To be honest, I didn't have any other agenda going there at first but to interview the lovely Ms. Sancaya Rini, founder of Kana, but then she asked me to help tend her booth because she had an urgent business. So that's how I ended up being an impromptu tenant for the day. Thank you so much to everyone who came to check out the brand and even some who bought our items. I say "our" but I'm not exactly part of the Kana group. I'm just an advocate for ethical fashion and I would love it so much if you guys start considering spending a little more for high quality and good ethics. The interview - and some behind the scene shots - will be available on the blog on Tuesday so stay tuned! Uh...what else is new? Word of warning: I don't think I will be making illustrations of my outfits anymore. Or at least not for the next couple weeks. I feel like I keep playing catch up with myself and that's when I know I need to manage my time a bit better. Aside from that, I'd like to work on some new mini projects and I can't do that if I have to come up with an outfit illustration every four days. But I will still post outfits, so don't worry.

Monaco dress (Sis's) // Pimkie skirt // tights from Ebay // mks ankle boots // C&A hat // thrifted purse

When I first saw Steffy of Steffy's Pros and Cons wearing this, I thought "I WANT THAT!" I absolutely adore the brocade, rococo-style pattern and material. It makes the wearer look positively regal, without being over-the-top and still in keeping with time. Also, when I was at pop up market yesterday, I think I stole the show with my dress. Everyone was staring at it as opposed to the products I was trying to sell. That's a backfire right there. Tante Rini likes it very much too! She keeps touching it and saying how beautiful it is. I almost claimed that I made it myself - but I didn't. Just one tiny little detail that I wish I could alter: the length. While it's very flattering and cute and comfortable, the length is much too short for me. That's why I wore a skirt underneath it, to add to the length a bit - and, guess what, it also give a more girly look to the dress! It's also definitely no coincidence that I wore blue to see Kana's booth. I'm cheeky like that. If you guys happen to know where I can find good, adorable brocade dresses or fabric, please let me know!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!