Sunday, 1 February 2015

January in Overview

Excited about...
Making friends! It's been a great month for that. I've been making friends through social media and I'm so happy to everyone who reached out to me or took my friendship offerings. Also, it's been a great month for atonement. I've only recently realised that I've been jerks to some people and treated them with hatred. They've thankfully forgiven me and now I've made great friends with them. Thank you, everyone!

Currently reading...
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez. A South American classic and, don't let the title fool you, because if there's any solitude to be found in the story within, it's the indifference toward normality and routines. It's so mind-gripping, I can't put it down! Also, I've been trying to read more diversely lately so if you guys have any recommendations, don't hesitate to let me know!

Currently watching...
Hanzawa Naoki. One absolutely short but powerful Japanese TV drama. The story is about a banker who actually has a vengeance against banks - especially the one he works at. The main reason I wanted to watch this was thanks to Nakajima Yuuto who played one of the subordinates. Afterwards, I got more and more into it and fell in love with the main character. Incredibly inspiring!

Listening to...
Just Let Go by Allison Young. I found her through Noisetrade and have been in love with this song ever since. I feel like the song offers solitude in a way that makes you think of old married couples. You know, the kind you can only have with people you are comfortable with.

Thinking about...
Art, art and art! Seriously, what I've been doing all month is station myself at my desk and draw until lights out. I'm so excited about art again and I've been drawing almost non-stop. The blog has been art-themed this month too, if you notice. It has been really fun and I'm so excited for my future endeavours. Also, I'm still insanely taking art trades, so if you're interested, let me know ;)

Favourite korean delicacy (manjoo) // skin colour copic marker essentials // re-learning kanji with JJ magazine // #uploadkompakan theme: watches // trying delicious puddings from Gwiyomi // WIP of a current project // wedding present for Kathy // outfit planning to see the in-laws // #drawoutside challenge by Frannerd

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!