Friday, 30 January 2015

You Know What I Mint!

Wow, can you believe we only have one more day of January left? If you don't count this one, that is. It felt both shorter and longer than it was, mostly because, even when I'm not doing anything, I'm doing something. Have you even noticed that 5 out of 6 outfit posts I posted this month were taken outside my neighbourhood? It has been a great month, both in the creative and the social department. I'm so thankful for everybody I've had the chance of meeting as well as rekindling friendships with. And I'm so happy to find my inner creative again. It feels like it's been literally ages since I've felt so pumped and driven to create and be more productive. There might not be a lot of evidence of that here on the blog but, if you visit my tumblr, you might see more of my works. Speaking of which, what do you think of the outfit illustrations I've been making this one month? Should they stay or should they go? I'm definitely motivated to do them but I can't really make any promises. If you like to see more of them, though, I will try to make time to sit down and make them. This will also be a great chance for me to try out different styles and techniques. What do you think? 

Shachi top via 10dencies // Typo satchel // Vibrantcache skirt (Sis's) // Lazy Oaf socks via Wild Wood // ModCloth shoes (giveaway!)

Okay, I've got a confession to make: Despite being a blogger, I'm not huge on mints. Call the cops! There's a pastel-immune blogger in the house! Let's not get carried away. It's not that I hate mints or pastels, it's just that I prefer autumnal colours, such as orange, yellow, earthy colours and the darker shades of red. Up until the start of last year, the only mint-shade item that I owned was this satchel bag...then these shoes came along. I never deliberately look for items in the colour of pastels so it's a no-brainer how my mint collection seems to build up rather slowly. I mean, you would know, if you've been reading for a while, I'm always about all the bold colours and novelty prints - exhibit A: these socks. However, when I saw this top - it's a mash of cardigan and shirt-like collar, by the way - on the hanger, I was sold! First of all, the style is so Japanese school girl. It's like living my long overdue dream. The subtle colours definitely play into that effect. Also, it comes in a colour that I don't have in my wardrobe. It was actually also available in hot pink. But you know how I am with pink.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!