Friday, 2 January 2015

Guest Post: Vina of Verwirrend aber gut

Hi! My name is Vina. I am an Architecture student who lives in Berlin. I blog at Verwirrend aber gut which is a blog about my interests (Travel, Artwork, fashion, life). Vielen lieben Dank an Bivi to let me blog here !

Since I have a lot of interests, I'm gonna pick one theme that I currently like, which is fashion. I actually don't know much about fashion but many of my friends said that I have my own style, which involves vintage. 

shirt from Weekdays
shirt, pants and shoes from Humana
dress from Pasar Senen
Lucky for me, I live in one of the best cities in the world, filled with so many retail stores from famous brands to secondhand stores. So finding a vintage stuff is such an easy job.

But you have to be very patient to find the good stuff in such stores. Because finding a diamond in a pile of junk can be really hard.

I’d give you some tips:
  1. Choose what you want to buy ( clothes, dress, etc )!
  2. Keep your eyes peeled!
  3. Start searching from the bottom to top or left to right!

I somehow feel comfortable wearing secondhand stuff. Some people find it creepy or disgusting. But the truth is, it really isn’t that bad. You can buy several items for cheap prices and find some unusual clothes or items.

blazer from Humana
jacket from Humana
I’m used to thrifting since junior high school back in Jakarta, Indonesia.  The first time I went to a secondhand market in Pasar Senen, I couldn’t find anything that fit me. Either it was too small or too big.  I think that's the only problem you can get from this activity.

If you ever go to Berlin, and want to experience the joy of thrifting, you can try one of these places:
  1. GARAGE, this place has many choices of clothing. You can buy clothes per weight (1 kg = 20 Euro)
  2. HUMANA, if you want to do charity while shopping.  
  3. MADE IN BERLIN, for those who want to spend a good quality secondhand stuff from famous brands.
jacket from Humana
Dr. Martens shoes from Weekdays
jacket from Humana
I think that is all for now.
I hope you enjoy reading my post and have a good new year!
-Divina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!