Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Blue Playground and Secret Melody

Lately, I've been more and more pumped and motivated to create and publish my illustrations. Speaking of which, thank you, thank you so much for all the positive responses of my previous outfit post! A lot of people have actually given me positive feedback about the illustration. It meant the world to me like you guys can't possibly know. Starting this year right, I've been surrounding myself with more and more illustrators as well as inspirations. I'm really excited about art again and want to dive into that a lot more than I've been doing for the past few years. Also, I've been thinking of publishing my works more on this blog. I used to think that this and that part of my life are two separate parts and they should stay that way. Turns out, I was wrong. It doesn't have to be like that and I know it now. I hope you guys would be as excited as I am in going through this journey with me together. It's a central part of who I am and I want this blog to reflect that too (since it's been quite close and personal to me since forever). In the meantime, I've been cleaning up and curating my tumblr. You can check that out to see some artworks I've done in the past and follow along to see more of my works in the future. Time to really shape up and build a worthwhile portfolio.

tailor-made dress (designed by myself) // Céline purse (Sis's) // Sox galeri socks // MKS ankle boots via The Goods Dept. // photos by Akita

After two-and-a-half years, I'm still madly in love with this dress! Sure, I didn't sew it myself but it was still quite a thrill to wear something I've designed myself. It was quite a surreal feeling, scratching something on paper one day and the next it was covering your body. And to think that the designed came about when I found an idle batik fabric in the closet too. How crazy, is that? Fun fact: the ribbon and the dress were both worn on this post. Originally, I wanted to wear it almost exactly like I did there. The hair was quite the similar length too! But instead, I came up with this cute idea of wearing the ribbon for its true purpose for once. Personally, I love how the dress works incredibly well with the knee-length socks. Somehow, I think this outfit is perfect for performing a concert as a pop star. Err...secret lifelong dream making an appearance there?


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!