Tuesday, 16 September 2014

A Tale of Two Musicals

H&M denim dress // shirt from lucedalevintage // C&A kitty hat // thrifted loafers // Sis's socks

The other weekend my parents, my sister and I went to watch Butet Kartaredjasa's musical production, Roman Made in Bali. If you're not Indonesian or familiar with the Balinese names, you probably would have thought the most part of that title is in English. Well, it's actually a play of language and words. The play in itself was rather enjoyable but, due to the lack of sleep in the day, I struggled throughout the musical to keep my eyes open. Also, believe it or not, this wasn't the first Indonesian musical that I've watched. Several years ago, around middle school years, my family went out to watch a musical rendition of Bawang Merah Bawang Putih. I rather enjoyed that too.

Because we were rather in a hurry, I had to quickly take these pictures. Also, the neighbours started asking questions. This isn't like in Germany where neighbours keep from talking from each other unless necessary. The neighbours here know each other. When they learn of my insanity in taking my own pictures, it will surely spread. I rather like the outfit, though. It seems quite sophisticated - supported by the kitty hat, obviously. I can't believe I didn't see how beautifully this shirt with this dress is. Thankfully, nobody pointed out how strange everything is for a play.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!