Tuesday, 1 July 2014

If You Ever Go to Sea, I Shall Be Your Wife


"I'll come back when you call me. No need to say goodbye." - Regina Spektor, The Call


Welcome to the 1st of July! Phew, things have been quite hectic lately and my mind was going mad. Period brain isn't helping, obviously. But now everything seems to start to fall into place and I can breathe a little bit. This will be the last month I'm living in Kassel. By the end of the month, I would have momentarily moved to Firu's place. It's baffling to me how there are still nooks and crannies of the town that I have yet to explore, i.e. this riverbank, granted there's not much things of interest here. But there are so many secret places which would be perfect for a photo location. Had I known about this area sooner, I'd never have gone mad over such details. Why do things always start to get good with me towards the end? But it's not goodbye yet. I still have a month to explore and get to know this place better. That being said, this weekend I am going out of town to celebrate somebody's birthday. I cannot wait! Also, last Saturday marks the beginning of the fasting month Ramadhan. Happy fasting to all who celebrate it! Tomorrow will be my first day fasting thanks to my period. May we stay strong against temptations. Peace be upon you.

H&M dress (worn as a top) // thrifted skirt // vintage purse + brogues // Madonna headband // Lazy Oaf socks via Wild Wood

Whoa! What happened? Did the sea vomit on me? Oh, I wish! I'm just a huge sucker for the stripes-polkadot combo and I can't believe I've never worn this ensemble on the blog before. Maybe I always thought them a rather obvious choice and, therefore, stray away from them. This outfit just screams, "Nautical!" to me so much so that I decided the background should be open waters somewhere. The closest thing I could find, as I don't live near the sea, are riverbanks. So this would have to do. I know, these days we seem to stretch the meaning of 'nautical'.' To me, it means red, white and navy, stripes, and sailor uniform. The dress is actually a size too large, which makes it hang on the edges of my shoulder. I don't think that's exactly how it's supposed to look on people, though. The twist: I destroyed the whole nautical feel with these too adorable socks! They're my only pair for the next 2 months as I'd packed up all the others along with the rest of my stuff and shipped them homewards. But, if I could have one pair of socks, I'd pick this one time and time again. I mean, they're hamburgers! Too quirky to leave behind. If Firu ever had to sail somewhere, I would send him off in this outfit.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!